In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Winter Harbor Historical Society

Main Street looking east, Winter Harbor, ca. 1920

Contributed by Winter Harbor Historical Society
MMN Item 16580 Item Details
Main Street looking east, Winter Harbor, ca. 1920
MMN Item 16580 Zoom

Description

Picture postcard of Main Street, Winter Harbor, prior to 1925.

Harry Morrison's garage and the Winter Harbor Inn are immediately on the right, with Foster Harrington's house down the hill below them.

On the left is the stone wall defining the Jesse Smallidge house lot. The tall chimney, almost obscured behind the trees on the left of the street, bottom of hill, belonged to the water pumping station, now the W. H. Fire Department.

Note the unpaved street and wooden sidewalks.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.