In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Winter Harbor Historical Society

Winter Harbor Town Hall, ca. 1907

Contributed by Winter Harbor Historical Society
MMN Item 16581 Item Details
Winter Harbor Town Hall, ca. 1907
MMN Item 16581 Zoom

Description

A colored postcard, published by J. M. Gerrish of Winter Harbor and made in Germany shows Hammond Hall, built in 1903-04, on land and from materials donated by E. J. Hammond, a Winter Harbor native who prospered as a lumber merchant in Boston in the late years of the 19th century.

The hall was used by the Town and by Winter Harbor schools until the 1980s when it was given to the Winter Harbor Historical Society. It later became the home of Schoodic Arts for All, used year-round for performances and exhibits.

The hall is on the National Register of Historic buildings.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.